In 2015, EMES’ new statutes were approved; they included open elections for the Board of directors where all members could participate. That same year, the first open elections of EMES we held, resulting in the first Board elected by the members of the network.
The composition of the Board of Directors is as follows:
- 8 people representing institutional members
- 4 people representing individual members
- 1 elected PhD representative
The EMES President is chosen by the Board among elected institutional and individual Board’s members.
As the EMES Network faces important challenges related to its fast development and the need to strengthen its staff and its financial basis, it needs Board members who will bring in different kinds of resources. More than ever indeed, responsibilities should be shared among Board members. They include: to develop, coordinate and host research projects and events and possibly to generate funding and resources and to be actively involved in the network’s governance.
In such a perspective, the Board has appointed a “Nominating Committee” in charge of receiving candidacies alongside with a statement from each of the candidates explaining their concrete commitment to the network, if elected.
Candidates for the 2019 elections
By July 31st, 2019, the Nominating Committee has received 9 candidacies from representatives of institutional members and 7 candidacies representing individual members. The Coordination Unit is currently preparing a short presentation of each of the candidates, including their bios and their commitment statement. The list of candidates and information about them will be published by September 10th when the voting process opens.
- July 31: Deadline for submission of all (institutional and individual) candidacies
- August: the Coordination Unit prepares profiles of the nominated candidates
- September 10: Launch of the voting process
- October 10: End of the voting period
- October 15: Publication of results
- November: Last meeting of the current Board
- January- February 2020: Meeting of the new Board (with assignment of roles)
Learn about EMES membership and become a member here.
Please let us know if you have any questions by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org