In 2015, EMES’ new statutes were approved; they included open elections for the Board of directors where all members could participate. That same year, the first open elections of EMES were held, resulting in the first Board elected by the members of the network.
The composition of the Board of Directors is as follows:
- 8 people representing institutional members
- 4 people representing individual members
- 1 elected PhD representative
The EMES President is chosen by the Board among elected institutional and individual Board’s members.
As the EMES Network faces important challenges related to its fast development and the need to strengthen its staff and its financial basis, it needs Board members who will bring in different kinds of resources. More than ever indeed, responsibilities should be shared among Board members. They include: to develop, coordinate and host research projects and events and possibly to generate funding and resources and to be actively involved in the network’s governance.
In such a perspective, the Board has appointed a “Nominating Committee” in charge of receiving candidacies alongside with a statement from each of the candidates explaining their concrete commitment to the network, if elected.
- July 31: Deadline for submission of all (institutional and individual) candidacies
- August: Preparation of the information regarding the nominated candidates and voting platform
- September 10: Launch of the voting process
- October 10: End of the voting period
- October 15: Publication of results
- November: Last meeting of the current Board
- January- February 2020: Meeting of the new Board (with assignment of roles)
Learn about EMES membership and become a member here.
Please let us know if you have any questions by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates for the 2019 elections
By July 31st, 2019, the Nominating Committee has received 9 candidacies from representatives of institutional members and 6 candidacies representing individual members. Please find below a short presentation of each of the candidates that includes their bios and their commitment statement for the elections.
Members will be able to cast their vote electronically from September 10th until October 10th via a link that will be shared with them via email. Only members whose membership dues are in order will be able to vote.
Institutional member representatives
- CBS (Ireland) – Mary O’Shaughnessy. Renewal
- CES (Portugal) – Silvia Ferreira. Renewal
- CIRTES (Belgium) – Marthe Nyssens. Renewal
- CNAM (France) – Philippe Eynaud
- CSE (Denmark) – Linda Andersen
- EURICSE (Italy) – Giulia Galera. Renewal
- LEST (France) – Francesca Petrella. Renewal
- SHU (UK) – Tracey Coule
- SH (Sweden) – Malin Gawell