In addition to the recurrent EMES international events (the research conference and the PhD summer school), we organize joint events with our partners with the goal of deepening specific research fields and consolidating emerging ones. Moreover, we thrive on expanding the community of researchers working on social enterprise and related issues worldwide.
Some of these events include:
- 2009 – “Social and solidarity economy in an international perspective” hosted by UNISINOS and RILESS (Brazil).
- 2010 – Sino-Europa Forum (Hong Kong).
- 2010 and 2014 – “International Conference on Social Enterprises in Eastern Asia” (Taiwan and Korea, respectively).
- 2014 – “1st Symposium on Community Energy Systems“, co-organized with REScoop.eu (Lille, France)
- 2014 – “Western ICSEM Symposium” (Belgium)
- 2016 – 1st International EMES-RILESS Conference “Solidarity economy and social enterprises: Protagonisms and economic alternatives” (São Leopoldo, Brasil)
- 2016 – Solidarity in Transition? Researching Social Enterprise in Post-Communist Societies (Tirana, Albania)