- COST Action CA16206 EMPOWER-SE – „Empowering the next generation of social enterprise scholars”, Working Group 1 Co-leader (2018-)
- ICSEM – „International Comparative Social Enterprise Models” Project (2015-)
- ITN RegPol² (Marie Curie ITN FP7)– “Socio-economic and Political Responses to Regional Polarisation in Central and Eastern Europe”, Early Stage Researcher (2014-2017)
- RELOCAL (EU Horizon 2020)- “Resituating the local in cohesion and territorial development” (2018-)
- 2014- PhD Candidate, Leipzig University, Institute of Geography, Leipzig, Germany
- 2011-2013 Economist in Regional and Environmental Economic Studies at Corvinus University of Budapest, Budapest
- 2007-2010 BA in Human Resources Management at Budapest Business School, Budapest
- 2018- Researcher at the Research Centre for Economic and Regional Studies (CERS HAS), profile: http://www.rkk.hu/en/cvs/mihaly_melinda.html
- 2014-2017 Researcher, Marie Curie ITN RegPol² Project – ESR11: “The role of social enterprises in rural development”, Host institution: Social Impact gGmbH: The non-profit social impact GmbH exists since 1994 and considers itself as an agency for social innovation. The organization develops projects in the areas of social and youth entrepreneurship, European networking and regional development, and uses its expertise and network to support dissemination and development of social innovations.
SECONDMENTS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
- 2016, 3 months Visiting Researcher at the Research Centre for Economic and Regional Studies (CERS HAS), CERS HAS is part of the only full-time research institute network in Hungary and undertakes theoretical and empirical studies in the fields of national and world economics, in regional processes and other interdisciplinary areas of social sciences.
- 2015, 4 months Visiting Researcher at the Leibniz-Institute for Regional Geography (IfL). The Leibniz-Institute for Regional Geography is the only non-university research institute for geography in Germany. Regional restructuring processes lie in the research centers main interest, their economic and social impacts, and regional policy responses in an integrated spatial perspective focusing on Central and Eastern Europe.
- 2012, Participant on the Climate-KIC Winter Journey, A five-week-long international program financed by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT). Main skills learned: How to make a Business plan, and how to introduce our business idea in a pitch.