This Training School has been postponed due to the recent measures taken in response to concerns over the COVID-19. We apologize for the inconvenience and will publish the new dates as soon as they are confirmed.
- EMES-COST International Training School 2020 (general info)
- 7EMEStrainingschool – Application and registration
- 7EMEStrainingschool – Faculty body
The 7th EMES Training school offers six registration options, depending on whether the participant is a member of EMES and whether s/he is coming from non-OECD countries from Africa, Asia and Latin America
- Full registration > 335€
- Reduced registration type 1 (ITC & NNC countries) >195€
- Reduced registration type 2 >65€
* Participants registering under this fee will need to provide proof of membership (username). If you are not an EMES member and would like to join, you can do so directly on-line here (please select the “Graduate membership” fee of 50€).
- Full registration > 395€
- Reduced registration type 1 (ITC & NNC countries) >245€
- Reduced registration type 2 >125€
Reduced registration type 1 – For applicants from Inclusiveness Target Countries (ITC) and associated Near Neighbour Countries (NNC).
Reduced registration type 2 – Only for applicants coming from non-OECD countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
The registration cost covers registration fees (as described in the information above).
Accommodation and food expenses amount to 320€ that will have to be paid when registering upon acceptance of applications directly to the UCC on-campus accommodation services.
Participants can benefit from support through the EMPOWER-SE COST Action upon reimbursement up to a fixed amount to be decided in January 2020 by the Management Committee of the Action. This amount will be reimbursed in its entirety by COST upon submission of a claiming form by the participant after the training school and it is aimed at covering accommodation and food and contributing to participants’ travel expenses.
If you are interested in applying for this partial grant support, please mark so in the section marked “Grant options (for accepted applicants)” in the Application Form. For those interested, once your application has been accepted, in addition to the scientific excellence criterion (evaluation score), applications must address the specific objectives described in the EMPOWER-SE Memorandum of Understanding (page 3-4).
Moreover, the following specific COST criteria apply:
- Gender balance
- ITC origin (Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Croatia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Republic of Serbia and Turkey. The six currently NNC associated to the Action are Albania, Armenia, Georgia, Lebanon, Morocco, and Russia)
- and ECI stage (Early Career Investigators (ECI) are researchers with PhD plus a maximum of 8 years of experience).
Applications to participate in the Training School are accepted until 14th February 2020.
In order to apply, please download and complete the Application Form available here (https://bit.ly/2ZGg3aU).
The result of the selection process will be communicated to applicants by 6th March 2020 at the latest.