Serendipity is beautiful when it occurs. The ‘happy coincidence’ of a book contract, an accepted journal paper, becoming the Chair of the UK Society for Co-operative Studies (UKSCS) and thinking about dissemination and education for the Empower-SE COST Action, has fostered the ‘dumb luck’ that gives serendipity its defining quality.
An inquiry from UKSCS to EMES initiated a dialogue that brought together researchers from UKSCS; EMES; one of its Italian members, the European Research Institute on Co-operative and Social Enterprise (EURICSE); the journal Zeitschrift für das Gesamte (a German language journal on co-operatives), the Association of Co-operative Educators (ACE) and the Canadian Association for the Study of Co-operatives (CASC). Six researchers who have edited or guest edited journals on co‑operatives and the social solidarity economy have formed a New Cooperativism Editorial Board.
They are delighted to announce a Call for Papers on New Cooperativism and invite you to submit an ‘extended abstract’ (1,000 words) by 31st May 2021 (full details at: https://ukscs.coop/call-for-papers). The editorial board are now working on a panel proposal to the 8th EMES International Research Conference as well as ethical approval for Sheffield Hallam University to organise online seminars between May – Nov 2021.
The call provides an opportunity for both EMES members and Empower-SE participants to submit 1,000 word ‘think pieces’, short research papers (around 4,000 words) and full academic papers (around 7,000 words). Further calls will be developed where the New Cooperativism Editorial Board can establish opportunities to publish special issues.
The call invites contributions on:
- New Cooperativism and Sustainable Development
- Updating Co-op Values and Principles
- Legal Innovations for Multi-Stakeholder Governance
- Funding and Incentives in New Cooperativism
- Learning for New Cooperativism
- Policy Initiatives and Spaces for New Cooperativism
- Gender/Minority Group Sensitivities in Multi-stakeholder Co-operatives
- Conceptions of (Co-operative) Wealth
- Digital and Platform Co-operatives
- Co-operative Communications and Publishing
Download the full call from the UKSCS website by clicking this link.
- Call opens 1st Mar 2021
- Extended abstracts / ‘think pieces’ 31st May 2021
- Initial decisions 1st Aug 2021
- Deadline for full papers 31st Dec 2021
- Revisions by 30th Jun 2021
- Publication by 31st Dec 2022
We look forward to receiving your proposals!