The Helsinki Deaconess Institute is a public utility foundation. Together with its subsidiaries, the Institute forms a social enterprise group providing a range of social and health care services, as well as educational services.
As an expert and leader in tackling difficult social issues, the Helsinki Deaconess Institute relies on its strong social conscience. For nearly 150 years, the Deaconess Institute has contributed to creating new solutions in parts of society where, for one reason or another, people are in danger of falling beyond the reach of services.
The conference starts officially in the afternoon of June 30th, 2015 with the opening plenary and a welcoming cocktail, and ends on Friday, July 3rd at 13:00. During the day of June 30th, a number of activities will take place, including various project meetings and activities and the Forum “From Research to Practice and Back”. A preliminary conference schedule will be published in early April 2015.
- November 3rd, 2014 − Registration and submissions open
- February 15th, 2015 − Submission deadline
- March 29th, 2015 − Notification of acceptance/rejection to authors
- April 26th, 2015 − Early-bird registration at reduced fees
- June 15th, 2015 − Deadline for full paper submission
- June 22nd, 2015 − Deadline for conference registration
- June 29th, 2015 − Conference starts
There are two types of registration (full and reduced) available depending on whether or not participants are members of EMES or PhD students (a proof of enrollment in a PhD program may be requested by the organisers if deemed necessary).
In addition, the organizers offer an early-bird registration for those participants who register by April 26th, 2015. The registration fee covers all conference materials, all lunches, one evening gala reception and two dinner events.
Early bird (by April 26th, 2015)
- EMES members and PhD students − 450 €
- Non-EMES members − 750 €
Full registration (after May 15th, 2015)
- EMES members and PhD students − 500 €
- Non-EMES members − 800 €
Monday, June 22nd, 2015.
Refunds will be possible for cancellations notified by written notice before May 29th, 2015. A 50 € administrative fee will be charged. There will be no refunds for cancellations made after May 29th, 2015.
Hotels best located with respect to the conference sites:
- Hotel Scandic Paasi (1.1 km from venue)
- Hotel Scandic Park (1.4 km from venue)
- Hotel Cumulus Olympia (650 m from venue)
- Hotel Cumulus Hakaniemi (1.0 km from venue)
- Hotel Cumulus Kaisaniemi (1.8 km from venue)
- Hostel Academica (2.6 km from venue) This hostel will provide low price accommodation for PhD students. Please make your reservations as early as possible as they are likely to go soon.