Centre for Co-operative Studies, University College Cork, Ireland
It is aimed at graduates from a wide range of disciplines who are interested in careers in co-operative organisations, food marketing or rural development. The Postgraduate Diploma is a full-time course that extends over 9 months. It leads to a one year MSc (masters by research) in Co-operative Organisation, Food Marketing and Rural Development in a second year.
On successful completion of this course, it is expected that you will be able to:
- apply the specific marketing, organisational and management skills necessary in co-operatives, social enterprises, and food businesses in the context of local, regional and international development
- engage in co-operative decision-making and team projects
- communicate your professional opinion in both verbal and written form
- review scientific and other literature and conduct research in an organisational, developmental and community setting
- adopt an analytical awareness of and outlook on organisational and development issues
- work in an organisational and/or development setting, arising from practical work placement, field visits and interaction with practitioners
For more information about this programme, click here.