In recent years, social entrepreneurship has emerged as a promising approach that uses business techniques and activities (commonly constituted as social enterprises) to address socioeconomic inequalities and to create and sustain social wealth.
This inaugural international conference will bring together scholars, researchers, practitioners, policy makers, educators, business leaders and community members across the globe to showcase their contributions to the field of social entrepreneurship. It will serve as a springboard for future conferences and the development of a collaborative network (SESA – Social Enterprise in Southeast Asia) to coordinate research and knowledge exchange, to identify and support the development of effective practices, to advance education and training, and to foster reciprocal collaboration in order to promote vibrant social entrepreneurship in Southeast Asia. This conference is sponsored by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada.
Submission of abstracts for oral or poster presentations, as well workshop sessions are welcomed under the following themes:
- Theoretical development in the field of social entrepreneurship and social enterprise (i.e. models, roles, perspectives, frameworks)
- Existing practice to address social, economic, environmental and health issues through social entrepreneurship ● Research on social entrepreneurship/enterprises initiatives and evaluation of impact
- Effective practices, opportunities and lessons learned from educational and training programs with a focus on social entrepreneurship
- Models, theories and practical examples of strategic inter-sectoral and interdisciplinary collaboration (via policy, alliances, innovations etc.) to promote social entrepreneurship at local, regional and international levels
- Funding and human resources to support social entrepreneurship
- Governance of social enterprises
- Sustainability in social ventures, including finance and the use of local wisdoms, traditions and strengths
- Use of technologies in social entrepreneurship practice and education
The call is available on the conference website and submissions are accepted until 28 February 2017.